In order to increase your productivity while working from home, you will first need a home office that is both comfortable and encourages productivity. Because you will be using your it on a regular basis, your home office must free from anything that will distract you from working.
To create an optimal office away from the office, here are a couple of tips to keep in mind.
- Choose your pieces of furniture wisely. Invest in a couple of pieces that would make working easy. These might include a comfortable chair or the trendy industrial office desk, which is both sturdy and visually pleasing.
- Take advantage of natural light. Some people think that the best way to set up a home office is by simply putting a desk against the wall without considering lighting. The ideal space should have natural light coming in. Natural light makes you feel less sleepy than artificial lighting.
- Choose a relaxing wall color. Even if bright colors make you happy, it might not be the best wall color for your home office. When choosing a color, choose something that is neutral and cool to the eyes — a light green or a sea foam blue, for example.
- Find inspiration. It is easy to feel burdened and overwhelmed whether you work in an actual office or at home. One of the ways to pick yourself up from a slump is to decorate with things that inspire you. It might be a picture of a place you always wanted to visit or a quote that keeps you motivated.
- Add something green. If you don’t have a nice foliage to look out on from your window, take the green into your home. It could just be a couple of small plants placed by your window, next to your desk or a huge pot plant smack in the middle of the room.
Working from home is not as easy as many people assume it to be. However, you can always transform your home office into a comfortable and happy place where you can increase creativity and productivity.