Gynecologist 101: How to Take Care of Your Reproductive HealthTerohan Nula August 1, 2013 0 COMMENTS
Visiting a gynecologist annually shows that you take responsibility of your overall health. These specialists may tell if your reproductive system and other health related concerns are in good condition. They may also answer questions regarding the irregularities you’re feeling. This is why many people find it necessary to schedule an appointment with a Los Angeles gynecologist.
What Can a Gynecologist Do?
A gynecologist may help you understand the body’s system, as they teach how to take care of the reproductive health properly. This way, you may notice if there are problems immediately and prevent it from worsening. They may also give you information about the instances you might encounter in the future.
When Do You Need to Visit a Gynecologist?
Teenage girls should start visiting a gynecologist in Los Angeles from the age of 13 to 15 according to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. During these periods, they should form have an expert who knows their body well. Here are some other reasons:
- – When you had intimate sexual contact with the opposite sex.
- – When you’re experiencing fever, stomach pain, and yellowish or grayish fluid with strong smell.
- – If it has been three months since your last menstruation occurred.
- – You’re having difficulties with your menstruation, such as pain, heavy bleeding, or prolonged bleeding than the usual cycle.
- – If you’ve had your menstruation for two years and it doesn’t come regularly.
What Happens During Your Visit to a Gynecologist?
An initial screening will happen upon your first visit. The gynecologist will ask many questions, including your lifestyle, family history, and medical records. This is when you can talk to them about concerns regarding cramps, acne, weight issues, depression, and sexually transmitted diseases. Pelvic exams and Pap test are normal when you reach the age of 21.
There’s no need to be shy and embarrassed about your reproductive health. In fact, it should be among your priorities. Search online to find a reliable gynecologist, www.obgyn90210.com, in your area.